The Number One cause for your car or truck to give you the "click, click, click" no start blues is a dead battery. Just because the radio plays or the lights illuminate on the dash doesn't mean the battery has a strong enough charge to start your engine. The Engines starter requires over 50 amps to spin it, where as the radio only requires less than 5 amps.
- Make sure your battery connections are clean of corrosion on the inside and out.
- Check for corrosion inside the battery cables themselves.
- Check for loose connections at the battery.
- Fully charge a battery before testing.
- After charging and testing the battery or replacing the battery, Test the alternator.