Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Monday, August 18, 2008

was told that I have a "leak" at the right hand corner in the rear of the engine

I have a 2001 Caddy DTS and was told that I have a "leak" at the right hand corner in the rear of the engine..The car has never overheated and it has 84000 miles on it....I have seen the "low coolant" light come on and the coolant was in fact low....Is there a "quick fix" like stop leak or what? I do see coolant on the ground and I have noticed a "small" shift in the temp gage going toward an increase in temp.
If the leak is so small that you do not see any fluid on the ground after it sets then there is a product that you can add to the coolant system that will take care of this issue. This magical product is called "Bar's Stop Leak", it has been around for years and has served automotive mechanic's well. You can purchase it at just about any auto parts store. Follow as directed on the label. You can try this product with a 50/50 chance that it will take care of the issue. You have only the purchase price of the product to loose at this point. If it does not take care of the issue, then you will need to have the engine coolant system pressure tested, the exact location of the leak diagnosed and the proper repair made.
Reference : Engine Overheating

No comments:

Post a Comment