Since automotive sales are tanking, now's the time to put off that new car purchase, right? Wrong. While it may seem silly to part with your hard-earned money right now, economic doldrums mean that now is one of the best times in years to get an incredible deal on a new car. The deals won't just happen by themselves, though.
1) Show the dealer you're a strong, serious buyer who can either afford to pay cash for the car or will qualify for financing.
2) While sales are down overall, some individual models, and even some brands, are still going strong. To get the best deal, you have to target your shopping. Look for good cars that aren't selling well.
3) Remember that no matter what incentives are available, you still may be able to negotiate for more. Play your cards right and you may turn a $2,000 incentive into $4,000.
4) While paying 0 percent financing on a car loan may not be as exciting as getting $3,000 cash back, over the long term, the lower financing rate may save you more money.
5) Remember that you can always negotiate the price of your trade. It's always a good idea to bring in an online estimate of your car's value. Full Article