- Why are you selling the vehicle?
- How many miles are on the odometer?
- What's the condition of the vehicle?
- Does it have any special features?
- Are you the original owner?
- Was the vehicle ever involved in an accident?
- Do you have service records for it?
- How much are you asking for it?
- Take along the Used-Car-Buyer's Checklist.
Note that most of these questions are legitimate for used-car dealers as well. The more documentation they have on the car, the better. You can ask for a phone number of the previous owner if the dealer doesn't have many details. How the dealer reacts to this request may be of interest to you. More