Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Saturday, May 08, 2010

I have a leak in the air conditioning

I have a GMC Jimmy "98" V6 Vortex engine with a leak in the air conditioning. I had it recharged last year and it lasted about 1 month. Do they have something like a radiator leak fix that I can use for the air or something else?

1) They used to tint (color) the freon when filling, and watch for leaks. That was years ago. Not aware of any type of stop leak that can be added to the freon. There are several places in the system that can develop leaks.
2) Advance Auto Parts carries a stop leak for almost everything including air conditioning. Now mind you I'm not recommending these products, just telling you they have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment